Global Cognac Sales
Cognac Shipments Hit New Record
Cognac Shipments Were 200.8 Million Bottles From April 2017 to March 2018.
Rémy Cointreau reports Rémy Martin Cognac sales rose 13.2% from April 2017 to March 2018.
The Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC) announced that Cognac sales rose to yet another record during the 12 month period April 2017 to March 2018. Shipments of Cognac were up 10.3% from the prior comparable 12 month period. Approximately 200.8 million bottles of Cognac, valued at 3.162 billion Euros, were shipped from April 2017 to March 2018.
During the calendar year of January 1, 2016 to December 2016, the BNIC reported sales of approximately 179.1 million bottles of cognac.
During the calendar year of January 1, 2017 to December 2017, the BNIC reported sales of approximately 197.4 million bottles of cognac.
Cognac Shipments from April 2017 to March 2018
Here are the BNIC sales numbers for the period April 2017 to March 2018:
North American shipments (U.S. Canada and Mexico) during the 12 month period April 2017 – March 2018< were 88.4 million bottles or over 44% of total Cognac shipments, led by strong V.S. Cognac sales. Cognac Sales by Geography during the 12 month period from April 2017 to March 2018
Approximately ninety-eight percent of Cognac sales during the period April 2017 to March 2018 were exports.
While North American was the clear leader in volume of Cognac bottles shipped, the value of shipments to the Far East were 93% of those shipped to North American despite shipments to the Far East being just 65% of those shipped to North America due to the higher percentage of VSOP and XO cognac sales to the Far East.
- North America – 88.4 million bottles (+9.7%) worth 1.246.7 billion Euro.
- Far East – 57.4 million bottles (+14.9.3%) worth 1.160.2 billion Euro.
- Europe – 41.7 million bottles (+4.5%) worth 494.3 million Euro.
- Rest of World – 13.3 million bottles (+14.1%) worth 261.2 million Euro.
Cognac Sales By Age Designation during the period April 2017 to March 2018
- Very Special (V.S.) 100.8 million bottles (+7.4%) worth 1.093.5 billion Euro. Cognac rated V.S. was approximately 50.2% of volume of all Cognac shipments.
- Very Superior Old Pale (V.S.O.P.) 77.4 million bottles (+ 13.2%) worth 1.057.4 billion Euro. Cognac rated V.S.O.P. was approximately 33% of the value of all Cognac shipments.
- Extra Old (X.O.) 22.6 million bottles (+ 13.7%) worth 1.011.5 billion Euro. Cognac rated XO was approximately 32% of the value of all Cognac shipments.
Rémy Martin Cognac Sales
Rémy Cointreau, maker of Rémy Martin Cognacs also reported strong sales during period from April 2017 to March 2018, enjoying an increase in Cognac sales of 13.2%. Rémy Martin, is primarily a producer of V.S.O.P and X.O. Cognacs and its increase in sales were in-line with overall increases in V.S.O.P and X.O. Cognac shipments reported by the BNIC.
Rémy Martin Cognac sales were 760 million Euro during the period of April 2017 to March 2018 or approximately 24% of overall Cognac sales during that period.
Click to shop Cognac.com.
Cognac sales numbers: BNIC
About the BNIC: It is a trade association, founded in 1946 representing growers, producers, and merchants from the Cognac Appellation region. To learn more visit http://www.cognac.fr/cognac/