The creating of Meukow dates back to the end of the 19th century. Two brothers Auguste-Christophe and Gustave Meukow came from Sylesia in the 1850’s to France. They were sent by Tsar Alexander ll with the assignment of supplying the Russian Royal Court with Cognac brandies. After several trips they decided to establish a trade office in the city of Cognac and created the House of A.C. Meukow & Co on August 1st, 1862. In 1979 Meukow was acquired by the “Compagnie De Guyenne group” (CDG) founded by Michel Coste and managed today by Philippe Coste, his son. CDG’s business includes Armagnac, Brandy, Scotch Whisky, Vodka, Gin, and Pineau.
Much of the information on this page was obtained directly from the House’s website.